We’re Akram & Associates, a rapidly growing CPA firm with a boutique firm approach. Drawing from decades of experience in investment management and financial services, our Accountants provide expert accounting, audit and tax advice to a range of alternative investment management firms, their investors, including hedge funds, fund of funds, private wealth management firms, private equity and venture capital funds.
Dedicated to Our Employees
Since it was founded in 2013, Akram has built a reputation as a leading service provider to the investment management industry. Beginning at the Associate level, our professionals are exposed to a wide array of investment management structures and strategies including hedge funds, private equity, energy, debt, crypto asset, real estate, venture capital, and many more. Join our team today and develop experience that will last you a lifetime. Akram & Associates provides a refreshing contrast to the stressful, less-than-personal settings of larger firms.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- assisting and supporting the senior accountants and managers in carrying out the responsibilities of the accounting, auditing, consulting, and tax departments
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide timely, high-quality client service that meets or exceeds client expectations including coordinating the auditing of all required financial statements, related disclosures, and other client deliverables.
- Assess risk along with design and communicate audit procedures to engagement teams.
- Understand and utilize our Audit Methodology for financial services clients (hedge fund, private equity, and venture capital).
- Prepare audit work papers and financial statements in addition to notes to financial statements.
- Prepare individual and business income tax returns and help tax seniors on tax planning.
- Identify technical accounting matters early and assess impact on financial statements; coordinate with firm specialists as needed.
- Subscribe to and actively read industry publications and share relevant information with clients as considered applicable.
- Anticipate and address client concerns and escalate issues to senior audit staff as they arise.
- Identify and communicate accounting and auditing matters to Partner.
Skills & Requirements
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Accounting.
- Already passed the CPA examination.
- Meets educational requirements for CPA licensure.
- Solid understanding of accounting, audit and basic tax issues.
- Ability to utilize firm technology to enhance client services.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and organization.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe computer programs; QuickBooks or other Accounting software experience is a plus.
- Previous experience in Tax software is a plus.
- Previous experience in general accounting is helpful.
Please email your resume to HR Manager, Ana D'occhio at Ana@aifundservices.com.
Best Accounting Firm | Start-up & Emerging Funds
Akram is a winner in the Hedgeweek Americas Awards for consecutive 3 years 2021, 2022, and 2023
"We have been voted “Best Accounting Firm for Start-up & Emerging Funds”.
Contact Us for Investment Fund Accounting Solutions
We understand that clients in the Alternative Investments arena are extremely prudent. At Akram, we provide high-end, tailored fund accounting services with careful planning and an unmatched responsiveness that only a boutique accounting firm like ours can deliver. Contact us today to learn more about our specialized assurance, advisory, and tax services for hedge funds, commodity trading advisors, private equity and venture capital funds, digital asset funds, insurance dedicated funds, real estate funds, day traders, investors, family offices, and high net worth individuals.