Audit & Tax Staff work closely with the audit & tax departments as well as directly with the Founder to assist in finalizing client audit engagements and tax preparations.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- assisting and supporting the senior accountants and managers in carrying out the responsibilities of the accounting, auditing, consulting, and tax departments
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide timely, high-quality client service that meets or exceeds client expectations including coordinating the auditing of all required financial statements, related disclosures, and other client deliverables.
- Assess risk along with design and communicate audit procedures to engagement teams.
- Understand and utilize our Audit Methodology for financial services clients (hedge fund, private equity, and venture capital).
- Prepare audit work papers and financial statements in addition to notes to financial statements.
- Prepare individual and business income tax returns and help tax seniors on tax planning
- Identify technical accounting matters early and assess impact on financial statements; coordinate with firm specialists as needed.
- Subscribe to and actively read industry publications and share relevant information with clients as considered applicable.
- Anticipate and address client concerns and escalate issues to senior audit staff as they arise.
- Identify and communicate accounting and auditing matters to Partner.
Qualification and Education Requirements
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Accounting.
- Should be preparing for or already passed the CPA examination.
- Meets educational requirements for CPA licensure.
- Solid understanding of accounting, audit and basic tax issues.
- Ability to utilize firm technology to enhance client services.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and organization.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe computer programs; QuickBooks or other Accounting software experience is a plus.Previous experience in Tax software is a plus.
- Previous experience in general accounting is helpful.
- Applicant should demonstrate a willingness to learn new tax and audit software and be willing to commit the time required to get a firm grasp on the intricacies of the software.
- Experience with Consolidated Financial Statements
- Adaptability and ability to quickly pick up unfamiliar software and be able to learn efficiently.
- Developed or willingness to develop Soft Skills; i.e. communicating with clients, a personable attitude, patience in both learning and explaining key and difficult tax concepts to clients.
Job Type: Full-time
Please email your resume to HR Manager, Ana D'occhio at Ana@aifundservices.com.
Best Accounting Firm | Start-up & Emerging Funds
Akram is a winner in the Hedgeweek Americas Awards for consecutive 3 years 2021, 2022, and 2023
"We have been voted “Best Accounting Firm for Start-up & Emerging Funds”.
Contact Us for Investment Fund Accounting Solutions
We understand that clients in the Alternative Investments arena are extremely prudent. At Akram, we provide high-end, tailored fund accounting services with careful planning and an unmatched responsiveness that only a boutique accounting firm like ours can deliver. Contact us today to learn more about our specialized assurance, advisory, and tax services for hedge funds, commodity trading advisors, private equity and venture capital funds, digital asset funds, insurance dedicated funds, real estate funds, day traders, investors, family offices, and high net worth individuals.